Wednesday, March 7, 2012

From the Kitchen



I saw a recipe for cupcakes a while back that I've been wanting to try. It sounded super simple and pretty tasty! All you do is use a box cake and a can of Diet Coke instead of the oil, water, and eggs. I decided that I would make chocolate cupcakes with Diet Coke and use Lite Cool Whip for icing and put strawberries on top. When I got home, I discovered that I didn't have cupcake liners so I opted to just make a 9x9 cake instead. I preheated the oven to 350*, sprayed the pan with some Pam, mixed the cake mix and 12 oz. of Diet Coke, poured it in the pan and put it in to bake for about 30 minutes. SO easy! After the cake cooled, I quickly cut a piece and topped it with Cool Whip and fresh strawberries. Let me tell you, it was delicious! I'm doing Weight Watchers (more about this later) and this wonderful dessert calculated to only 2 points! I can't wait to try some more flavors - I'm thinking Funfetti and Diet Sprite next!

3 comments: